Dakota Digital 1978-1987 Buick Regal HDX Analog Gauge kit HDX-84B-REG
Dakota Digital 1978-1987 Buick Regal HDX Analog Gauge kit HDX-84B-REG
- Free Shipping on orders 50$+
- 5 Star Service
- Secure payments
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Backordered, shipping soon
Regals, T-Types and Grand Nationals can use this direct fit upgrade! Six analog instruments surround a full color TFT message center display which can be tweaked to show just what you need; boost, transmission temperature, fuel pressure and more can be added at a glance. 30 LED lighting colors can be changed to suit your paint and interior; all this fits the stock cluster and housing in 1984-87 Buick Regal models.
Bezel not included, shown for visual/presentation purposes.
System uses OEM or reproduction style bezel.
The HDX series From Dakota Digital is the latest in aftermarket automotive instrumentation technology. HDX takes personalization and usability to a whole new dimension while retaining your favorite features from the wildly popular VHX-series such as LED backlighting for the numbers, tick marks and dead-faced dash indicators (turn signals, high beam, check engine, cruise control engaged and parking brake). Illuminated needles and a lifetime warranty are still part of the deal as well. These features add up to a clean, easy to read instrument system in all conditions. Precision stepper motors provide accurate needle movement along with a full-sweep at key-on, and the needle hubs are black nickel plated spun-aluminum.
Available with your choice of black or silver alloy gauge-face styling, each HDX system allows the user to select their favorite illumination color for the gauge readings and needles, as well as the TFT message center displays. RGB LEDs are incorporated into the circuit boards for fully-adjustable display colors, allowing the user to personalize their instrument system to match nearly any vehicle theme.
Calibration and personal settings can be manipulated with the lighted, capacitive-touch buttons integrated into each HDX system, or the available Bluetooth app for Apple and Android devices. With the instrument system dialed in, including calibration of the speedometer and fuel gauge, the system can calculate your remaining fuel range, expressed in miles to empty. Every kit is supplied with an optional buzzer for feedback each time a button is pressed. Further, the buzzer can emit a warning tone for each reading at a user-defined set point to coincide with the dead-faced, red warning lights incorporated into the gauge faces.
Vehicle integration through a central control box has become a calling card for Dakota Digital, and the advantages are substantial. Most notably, installation is greatly simplified; two power (constant and switched) and one ground connection get things up and running, while vehicle-harness sourced signals and sensor inputs run cleanly to their respective terminal. Supplied, solid state sending units with weather-tight harnesses ensure trouble-free operation. The control box allows for easier service, a nicer-looking finished product, in addition to an abundance of technology packed into a vintage dashboard.
- Speedometer: 0 -160 MPH (optional metric version 0- 260 kmh)
- Tachometer: 0- 8,000 RPM
- Oil Pressure: 0- 80 psi
- Water Temperature: 100- 260ºF (optional metric version 40- 120ºC)
- Fuel Level: E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- Volmeter: 9- 17 VDC
- Clock: 12 Hr Analog Clock Movement
Digital Message Center
- Odometer (One time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- Estimated Range/ Miles to Empty
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 and 1/8 mile time
- 1/4 and 1/8 mile end speed (trap speed)
- High speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/ On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-3000 sensor required)
- 4 x 4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- Two Auxiliary input indicators with user-programmable labels
- Each analog gauge sweep contains a red LED indicator for quick notice of a warning condition (except speedometer)
Not all OEM indicator lamp functions will be replaced.
- Colors: Over 30 user-selectable color options allow you to independently change the needle color, sweep color and digital TFT display color.
Brightness: Both daytime and nighttime brightness can be easily controlled through the RTX setup menu, allowing you to choose your preferred lighting intensity level, toggled by the activation of the headlight switch. If on-the-fly rotary type control is desired, the DIM-1 is a common accessory to add this functionality.
Themes: With 12 factory preset color themes, you can quickly create a beautiful looking system. Or, for the ultimate in customization, choose all of the color zones yourself.
- Technology: Full LED backlighting provides a strikingly visual gauge package, with sharp contrast for ease of viewing both night and day. Full RBG backlighting allows you to create the specific color you want, with a unique daytime and nighttime theme if desired. Whether your goal is an OE look or something truly bold, the RTX Series lets you make that choice.
- Water Temperature Sensor : 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- Oil Pressure Sensor : 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- Speedometer Sensor: Replaces OEM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness. Sensor requires approximately 5" clearance extending between the cable drive output and any obstruction.
- Bushings: Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
- Control Box Dimensions: 5.5" x 3.5"x 1"
Calibration and Use:
Push Button Control
All HDX Series Instrument Systems include LED-lit onboard capacitive touch pushbuttons through the gauge face. These pushbuttons provide quick and consistent access to all functions, either in driving mode or while in the setup menu. Button-press feedback is available through the TFT Message Center, or through the included buzzer. Additionally, remote mounted switches can be wired into the HDX system if this proves more accessible based upon seating position. The HDX Series can also be completely configured through the Bluetooth app, suitable to Android and Apple devices. Using your existing tablet or smart phone, download the free app, sync your device to the HDX system, and enjoy quick and convenient menu navigation and real time gauge readouts for diagnostic use or a secondary display.
All calibration settings are handled through onboard capacitive touch switches or the remote Bluetooth app. While many calibration settings exist, the speedometer and Fuel level are completed in most cases (unless GPS-50-2 is used, negating the need to calibrate the speedometer) through a few taps of the pushbuttons and a short test drive of the vehicle.
DIM-1 - Light Dimming Knob: Although Dakota Digital instrument systems are programmable for both day and night intensity levels, the DIM-1 will allow rotary, or on-the-fly brightness adjustment added convenience.
STA-1000 - OBD II Speedometer/ Tachometer Interface: The STA-1000 plugs directly into the OBDII diagnostic connector, providing a user-adjustable traditional Speedometer, Tachometer and Check-Engine output for your choice of aftermarket instruments.
SGI-100BT - Universal Speedometer and Tachometer Interface:The functionality of three devices in one 4” x 2” x 1” case! The SGI-100BT can adjust/split/recalibrate an electronic speed signal, calibrate a tach signal, and aid in the creation and adjustment of a gas tach signal for diesel swap applications!
BIM-01-2 - ODB II/ Can Interface Module: The BIM-01-2 OBD-II (J1850/CAN) Interface connects directly to the ECM diagnostic port to extract engine and transmission data and supply it to the VFD/ VHX/ HDX/ RTX instrument, making installation a breeze.
BIM-01-2-HLLY - Holley EFI Interface Module: The BIM-01-2-HLLY is designed to read the engine information from the Holley Terminator (including X and X Max), HP, Sniper (except Sniper 2), or Dominator EFI kits. The BIM-01-2-HLLY module is a direct plug in using the supplied 2 or 4 pin harness for simple connection to the Holley EFI system.
PAC-2800BT- Electronic Fan Controller 70 Amp with Bluetooth Control: The PAC-2800BT was designed for the ultimate in flexibility and to be a simple add-on in any application using an electric fan. Included is a 70amp relay, enough for even the most power hungry of cooling fans. Fully programmable, the PAC-2800BT will work with your existing water temp gauge, operating from the temperature sending unit already installed. A dedicated sending unit can be installed for applications without a water temp gauge.
GSS-3000 - Universal Gear Position Sensor: All Instrument packages contain a gear shift indicator display allowing the transmission gear position (Park, Reverse, etc.) to be shown within the message center. The GSS-3000 accommodates automatic transmissions with 2- 4 forward gears and enjoys a simple and straightforward installation.
GPS-50-2 - GPS Speed/ Compass Sender/ BIM: Highly advanced electronic and software design allow the GPS-50-2 to work unlike anything else, with accelerometers and predictive software to compensate for times when GPS inherently struggles: overpasses, mountains, tunnels, heavy tree cover, large buildings, passing large vehicles, etc. Unique electronic architecture provides for negligible current usage when off, yet lightning fast start-up and signal acquisition. Updating the speed information 10 times per second provides tremendous accuracy, while the integrated omni-directional antenna provides for a wide range of installation flexibility.
Many more options available. Contact us for more details!
Brand: Dakota Digital
Part Number: HDX-84B-REG-K
- 1978-1987 Buick Regal
- 1982-1983 Buick Regal Estate Wagon
- 1987 Buick Regal GNX
- 1984-1987 Buick Regal Grand National
- 1978-1987 Buick Regal Limited
- 1982 Buick Regal Limited Turbo
- 1978-1982 Buick Regal Sport
- 1983-1986 Buick Regal T-Type
Note: Image is for reference only, actual product may vary slightly.